Thursday 30 April 2015

Visiting the Exhibition Space

Today we met with Matthew Andrew to view and discuss ideas for the exhibition space, and how we planned to renovate it. At the beginning of my degree show, I was under the impression I would be exhibiting at MediaCityUK, and visited the last years photograph exhibition before the summer to look into how they had presented their work. However, this year, we have been moved to Allerton building on main campus, to a large room with extensions built on.

At the moment, the area looks run down and dirty, but I am sure if the course pulls together, we can make the exhibition space amazing! We discuss the plan to paint the walls white, with the hanging space painted 50% grey. I planned to hang my work on a white background, so this has changed my plan. I will now need to revisit framing shops, and consider a different colour of frame to exhibit my images in, because brown wood would clash greatly with grey paint.

Matthew suggested with research into the Lux Locus degree show at Free Range in London last year, (which will be my next blog post), which was mounted on a 50% grey background, to see how they framed their images and presented them.

Panoramic of the second room

Second room

Planned projection room

First room

No comments:

Post a Comment