Wednesday 15 April 2015

Contacting Subjects Through Social Media

One of the best ways to contact people now a days is through social media and the internet. Although I have met two of my subjects through word of mouth, to expand upon my project, I need to find a few more subjects who are willing to participate. I have posted an advertisement on Gumtree, and copied to same text to selling pages in my local area, as well as my Instagram page, Facebook page and Twitter page. My tweet concerning this project has already been retweeted by a local Conservative councillor, and my old secondary school's art department.

"Hey everyone, I hope you can help me out!

I am a final year BA (Hons) Photography student at the University of Salford, and I am creating a photographic series based on collectors and hoarders. I am especially interested in meeting with people who have a large collection of items; no matter how weird or wonderful! I would be shooting your collection, house or person, whichever you feel comfortable with. The images have the potential to be shown at Salford Create in June 2015.

No travel will be involved, and I will travel to you whenever is convenient!

My number is 07*** *** ***, please contact me with any questions!

Laura Jane Parkinson"

No comments:

Post a Comment