Monday 13 April 2015

Revisiting Research from the Previous Module

There are still some parts of my research from the previous module which are relevant to my current exploration, however, due to my idea changing, some has to be disregarded and left behind.

One of example of this is Gregory Crewdson, who is the king of the conceptual image. His work, although delving into the idea of dramatic scenarios, is of great inspiration to me due to the nature of setting up the shots and making sure every detail is correct. Mostly this stems from my work in this module of dealing with subjects who have a collection of items in which they take great pride in, so revisiting their home to get the same shot on more than one occasion could break the bond between me and the subject and cause this project to come into difficulty.

At the moment, I have been planning to meet people through social media and word of mouth for this project, and have already drummed up some interest from collectors and hoarders to appear in my series. Some need slightly more information than others, and some have already expressed their need to have their identities shielded due to the common negative stereotype as the hoarder being crazy and in need of mental help.

I have planned my first visit to one collectors house next week, and I am already in the process of organising trips to see two more people in the upcoming week. I plan to visit all of my subjects first, rather than just delving straight in their and taking photographs of them. I feel like I need to get to know them as people first so I can represent them correctly to the audience as people.

No comments:

Post a Comment